Saturday, January 25, 2014

Why I Run.

Running cements me in the present moment.  It brings me back to a simple, natural almost animal-like existence, something I believe we (human beings) all crave quite desperately, if only subconsciously.  For me, each footfall shakes off the weighty tarnish of the everyday.  When I am running I can feel myself shedding stresses, anxieties, judgements.  Running dissolves life's rust, and leaves me mentally and physically clear, open and flexible.   Running gives my day purpose, if it is all I have done in the day, then so be it, I feel fulfilled. I also believe that running makes me a better person.  A morning run places my day on a solid foundation, fostering patience and acceptance.  I believe human beings evolved to run, to run far and to run consistently.  Any doubts I may have on this are always quickly dismantled and dissolved whenever I find myself accelerating on a winding, tree swallowed, single track.

"Running has always been a relief and a sanctuary—something that makes me feel good, both physically and mentally. For me it's not so much about the health benefits. Those are great, but I believe that the best thing about running is the joy it brings to life."- KG




No comments:

Post a Comment